Should you feel that your support has not met your needs or you would like to bring an issue to our attention please contact Lisa (Director & Founder) on 07525916614 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your concerns.
We are also more than happy for you to tell us when things have gone well!
Should you feel your issues have not been addressed please refer to our full complaints policy. We aim to ensure that all complaints will be handled in a professional and non-confrontational manner.
DSA Complaints Procedure
Lisa Cooper and her colleagues at Education Matters are committed to providing a quality service for its customers and staff and whilst working in an open and accountable way building trust and respect. One of the ways in which we can continue to improve our service is by listening and responding to the views of our employees and customers. In particular, by responding positively to complaints and putting mistakes right. Therefore, we aim to ensure that:
• making a complaint is as easy as possible;
• we treat a complaint as a clear expression of dissatisfaction with our service, which
calls for an immediate response;
• we deal with any complaint promptly, politely, and, when appropriate, confidentially;
• we respond in the right way - for example, with an explanation or an apology where
we have got things wrong, or information on any action taken etc.;
• we learn from complaints, use them to improve our service, and annually review our
complaints policy and procedures.
• all complaints will be handled in a professional and non-confrontational manner.
We recognise that many concerns will be raised informally, and dealt with quickly.
Our aims are to:
• resolve informal concerns quickly;
• enable mediation between the complainant and the individual to whom the complaint has been referred.
An informal approach is appropriate when it can be achieved. But if concerns cannot be satisfactorily resolved informally, then the formal complaints procedure should be followed.
A formal complaint is 'any expression of dissatisfaction with Education Matters. Be it with a member of staff, or service provided that relates to the work undertaken by Lisa Cooper Limited (trading as Education Matters), which requires a formal response'. The formal complaints procedure is intended to ensure that all complaints are handled fairly and consistently.
Education Matters (as Lisa Cooper Limited) responsibility is to:
• acknowledge the formal complaint in writing;
• respond within a stated period of time;
• deal reasonably and sensitively with the complaint;
• take action where appropriate.
A complainant's responsibility is to:
• bring their complaint, in writing, to Lisa Cooper Limited, attention normally within 8 weeks of the issue arising via e-mail to email@example.com
• explain the problem as clearly and as fully as possible, including any action taken to date;
• give Lisa Cooper and her team a reasonable time to deal with the matter.
Except in exceptional circumstances, every attempt will be made to ensure that both
the complainant and Education Matters maintain confidentiality. However, the circumstances giving rise to the complaint may be such that it may not be possible to maintain confidentiality (each complaint will be judged on its own merit). Should this be the case, the situation will be explained to the complainant.
Formal Complaints Procedure
In the first instance, if we are unable to resolve the issue informally, you should write to the member of staff who dealt with you and their manager, so that he/she can respond accordingly. In your letter, you should
(i) set out the details of your complaint,
(ii) the consequences for you as a result, and
(iii) the remedy you are seeking.
You can expect your complaint to be acknowledged within 4 working days of receipt. You should get a response and an explanation within 15 working days.
Complaints should be sent via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not satisfied with the initial response to the complaint then you can write to
Lisa Cooper Limited and ask for your complaint and the response to be reviewed. You can expect the Director - Ms Lisa Cooper - to acknowledge your request within 4 working days of receipt and a response within 15 workings days. Lisa Cooper Limited aim to resolve all matters as quickly as possible. However, inevitably some issues will be more complex and therefore may require longer to be fully investigated. Consequently, timescales given for handling and responding to complaints are indicative. If a matter requires more detailed investigation, you will receive an interim response describing what is being done to deal with the matter, and when a full reply can be expected and from whom.
If you feel we have not fully resolved your complaint you can contact our professional bodies of ADSHE or PATOSS (SpLD Support) or UMHAN (Mentoring Support) for further advice
Still not satisfied with the outcome?
If all the steps of our complaints policy have been completed and you are still unhappy with the outcome then please contact the Disabled Students Allowances Quality Assurance Group (DSA-QAG) in writing to the following email address email@example.com
outlining the reason for your complaint and send any relevant documentation. They will acknowledge your complaint within 5 working days and aim to fully investigate and reply to you within 20 working days of receipt.